Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just for fun!

Well I'm glad/sad to announce that I will no longer be sewing for a business. I had more to do than I could enjoy. I finally have time to sew for my kids!

I will keep the blog just to share my projects, but I will not sell my items any more. If you're looking for someone local to do your embroidery, Crystal Spencer goes to church with me and does great work. Also, etsy.com has lots of vendors with cute ideas.

Here are a couple of the projects I've done for my family in the last week:

I love buying a Walmart outfit and adding a cute touch. I think it is funny when I run into someone who recognises the outfit from Walmart or if someone asks where I got it. When I say that it is from Walmart I always get funny looks. I never mention that I sew.

I bribed the boys to lay still for pictures by giving them suckers!
Here is Luke's birthday outfit. He loved the shirt I made for his cousin, so we went to the store and I let him pick out the fabric to go inside his "4". When we got there, he sheepishly asked me for some shorts too. When I said yes, he excitedly asked if he could have a cape too!

I know that just a few years from now, when I ask Luke if I can make him something he won't want me to. I'm enjoying this while I can!


BTW We tried and tried to get him to want something different on the cape. We threw out "Happy Birthday" and "Luke is Four!" , but he wanted his cape to say "Welcome to my Birthday" He picked out everything down to the sprinkles on his cupcake. He helped me pick out every thread color and even cut the fabric and hit start on the machine. We did it together.


See...I need time to get to my kids :)




4 comments:

Life as a Spencer! said...

Thanks Lucy for the shout out! I will never be able to create such cute kid stuff. Have fun sewing for yourself!

Nicole said...

Noooooo!!! I want YOU to make my girls shirts... I love them! Bummer! :(

Michelle B. said...

Good for you, Lucy! I'm trying to simplify my life right now too. I look forward to seeing your cute designs.
~M

Madilyn said...

Hi, I am Nicole Weatherford's step-daughter. I love the tees and capes that you made for Hailey and Caitlin(my half sisters). So sad that you can't do the sewing buisiness anymore. Good luck!