Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Other Fun Ideas

Here are a few things I have done. Use the ideas as springboards to think of your own creation to customize!
Capes



These are a big hit with the kids! It sure beats safety pinning their baby blankets around the neck. They can finally have a distinguished cape! I could also do a pink one too. Don't forget the girl super heros! Velcro closure.

Aprons






Great for a wedding gift! I actually have one more of these aprons. It is from Williams Sonoma. Remember how new and exciting it was that your name was changing when you got married?


Bibs-


This bib was custom made to match the cute little birthday hat. How fun! That bib is going to get dirty:)




Beach Towel Party Favors

These personalized beach towells were done as party favors for a swim birthday party.





Shopping Cart Covers
OK, so I'm not making this for anyone anytime soon. It was expensive to make and hard for me to sew. Thanks to Bonnie for bailing me out. I'm not good with gathers and I did not follow the instruction on the type of fabric to use although I do not regret the super soft retro polka dots. It just made life more dificult. You can buy these at Magic Moon, Cat and the Fiddle, or what's that place in Plano...I'll personalize it for $10. I do get tons of compliments. I get asked to sew this for people. I just refer them to the Simplicity (ha!) pattern.








Stockings













Wait until Feb. or so on these. Debbie and I got these from Pottery Barn after the Christmas season. They were$2.50 or $3.50 each or something crazy like that. I would just let Pottery Barn do the customization b/c they only charge $6 each.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh no... how much is a cape for Hailey (4T) and Caitlin (18mths)?? In girly colors of course.

Hailey loves to go around say she is "soup" Hailey... LOL!! and I know I can't get Hailey one without getting Caitlin one too.